If you live with addiction, choosing to get treatment is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Effective, comprehensive treatment can give you the skills and support you need to move past addiction and into a healthy, fulfilling life. Knowing how to choose a high-quality rehab center can make a major difference in your recovery.
Because of the increase in addiction and the increasing need for treatment options in New Jersey, new rehab facilities seem to be popping up across the country. Many of these treatment centers claim to offer addiction treatment programs, but it can be difficult to determine which centers offer effective, high-quality treatment.
Choosing a rehab center does not need to be difficult or time-consuming. If you or someone you love require addiction treatment, reach out to the staff at Moving Mountains Recovery. We offer supportive, holistic substance abuse treatment programs designed to empower you in your recovery journey. Call today to speak to our staff about getting started.
Signs of a High-Quality Drug Rehab Center
When you commit yourself to getting the substance abuse treatment you need, it is important to feel confident that you will be getting high-quality, effective treatment. Before investing your time, money, and energy, make sure you will receive high-quality care. There are some signs of a high-quality rehab center, including:
- Most of the time in treatment should be spent in evidence-based therapies
- The staff treats addiction like a whole-self disease: care for mind, body, spirit, community.
- Holistic treatments can be used to heal the body and mind when used alongside evidence-based treatments.
- Center is state-licensed/accredited
- Staff members are trained and licensed to provide addiction treatment
- The center offers multiple levels of care–for example, residential and outpatient options
- Billing methods are transparent and rehab costs are available upon request
A trusted and reliable rehab center will offer several program options and provide each resident with an individualized treatment plan that meets their unique needs.
Red Flags to Avoid When Choosing a Rehab Center
Knowing what to avoid is just as important as being able to recognize the signs of a high-quality rehab center. With so many rehab and treatment centers opening every day, it is important to be aware of signs of a low-quality treatment center. These include:
- A chaotic or disorganized environment
- No clear rules or expectations
- Poor staff to client ratio
- No admission criteria
- Dirty or rundown facility
- Rigid treatment plans–a one-size-fits-all approach
- Only one level of care
- No medical or mental health professionals on staff
- No transparent billing policy
A low-quality rehab center cannot meet the needs of the people getting treatment there. It is important to make sure the rehab center you choose has qualified staff, is licensed to provide addiction treatment programs, and offers a safe, supportive environment to its clients.
Steps to Take to Choose The Right Rehab Center
Looking for a quality rehab center can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be a difficult process. Follow these steps to find the rehab program that is right for you.
- Determine what level of care you require. Your medical and addiction specialists will determine which level of care–inclient, residential, outpatient, partial program, or other–is right for you. This depends on the length and severity of your addiction, your treatment history, and other personal and environmental factors.
- Get referrals. Talk to your doctor or medical professional, your insurance company, and others in recovery for
- Visit, if you are able. Tour the center and talk to staff members about the programs you are considering.
- Talk to residents, if possible. Ask about their experience and what a typical day in treatment is like.
- Ask questions about rules, schedules, treatments, and what daily life will be like. You may ask:
- What can I bring with me to rehab?
- When are visitors allowed?
- How do your staff handle relapse?
- What will happen if I need a different level of care?
- What kinds of therapies do you use?
- What holistic treatments are available?
Understanding the expectations, available programs, and what a typical day might be like can give you peace of mind as you make this important decision. Ultimately, the best center for you is the one where you feel comfortable, safe, and trust that you will receive the care you need. Finding the right facility may require some research, but the investment of your time will be well worth it.
Start Your Recovery at Our High-Quality Drug Rehab Center in New Jersey
We believe that with the right support and treatment, anyone can recover from addiction. Our comprehensive treatment programs are designed to help your body, mind, and spirit heal from addiction.
If you or someone you love require addiction treatment, you are not alone. Reach out to the staff at Moving Mountains Recovery for information about our high-quality, holistic rehab programs. Don’t wait another day to get the help you need. Call today to get started.